Thursday, June 14, 2018

Biblio-updates!



Hello! Lots to update you on, my friends. While chronic illness has halted my goal of getting 100 rejections in one year because I haven't submitted anything since February, I'm focusing on some other goals in my life and have decided to press the pause button on submitting. I got up to 99 rejections in 2017 and am quite proud of that. Why? Because I also received more acceptances in 2017 than I have in any other year. It's a wonderful reminder to just "show up and write," as Natalie Goldberg would say. Only I would show up and submit. I am currently "showing up" and doing something else, but I have no doubt I will return to my mad submitting soon.

In the meantime, I have been rewarded by the plethora of submitting I did in 2017 but having some acceptances roll in as 2018 began. You can see for yourself in the below link and images.


My poem, "Memory Speaks in Tongues" in Shot Glass Journal 


So pleased to have my poem, "Madelyn Without the Moonlight" in INSCAPE



And so honored to have "Offspring" published in THAT Literary Journal



And wow, am I jazzed to have my listing in the Poets and Writers directory!

I'd also like to link two podcast recordings that I am not sure if I've linked before:

Interview on Voice of Reason and Judgement, June 2017
Interview on A Space for Poetry, July 2017 

Lastly, but possibly most exciting - I am embarking on a new journey. For eighteen years I have been interested in bibliotherapy and poetry therapy and I believe I will finally make the leap. Stay tuned for news on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment