Friday, July 21, 2017

The Fun Kind of Spin

Life may continue to be a roller coaster, but I am so pleased that the poems from my latest collection,"O! Olena!"(still trying to find a home) have been picked up by some seriously brilliant journals!

I love Indicia- their  2.1 Summer 2017 edition is fun to page through, literally - and there's some fantastic work contained within and I am not just saying that because my poem, "Third Poem to Olena," is found on page 19. I really love these peeps. They were a joy to work with. Quick funny story - my original submission got lost in the vortex of the internet so they didn't actually receive my batch of poems on the date I had written down. So a while later when I became curious as to a response (we writers must be careful about contacting publications about this for etiquette's sake) and it turned out they hadn't received anything (gasp!). I was mortified and thought my chance had passed. They actually welcomed me to re-submit. Little did I know they would come to accept "Third Poem to Olena," one of my current manuscript's most difficult-to-place poems, in my opinion. So I am THRILLED it found a home with Incindia and I do hope you will read the issue and support their efforts!

And as a lovely pairing to Indicia publishing that poem, The Drowning Gull (another favorite of mine!) published "UnWelcomed, UnAskedFor" - the other poem in "O! Olena!" that I had considered difficult to place. That just goes to show you that
1. You could be wrong
2. There is a home for all your babies. You just have to keep looking and keep the hope.

Thanks, Drowning Gull! You may read it here. 

Lastly, in good news, I found out that The Peacock Journal plans on including my poem, "The Offering," which they published this year," in their print anthology! I look forward to sharing that in the future!

Until then,
write on!


(feel like helping out a poet get some new stem cells so she can get her life back on track and write some new poems. - and be able to walk right, not have seizures every day, and be a part of her family again? Take a look at my fundraiser to raise money for my chronic neurological lyme disease treatment, my last hope after many years of being sick. I am so grateful for any help or sharing! Thank you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment