Wednesday, March 22, 2017

March Pub Updates & a New Event!


March 2017

Happy March, indeed! The plethora of submitting I did last Fall is finally paying off with a multitude of rejections, but also more acceptances in three months than I've had in one year! Hard work pays off; I'll never stop saying that.
Poems have recently been accepted by:

Linden Avenue Literary Journal
Barrow Street Journal
The Drowning Gull

I'm also very pleased to announce that I will be giving a reading from "Motherlung" at Steep and Brew (West location) in Madison, WI, on May 13, 2017 in honor of Mother's Day (and the day before my birthday!). I think it's quite fitting that "Motherlung" and its message should be shared the day before Mother's Day. I encourage any local folks who wish to honor their mothers as well as daughters who miss their mothers to attend this reading. The message of hope and redemption will inspire you and I promise you will relate to many of my experiences loving a mother who smothered me, but who loved me with great ferocity.
More details coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment