Friday, February 10, 2023

All the Things! An Update on the End and the Beginning

 Hello dear reader and viewer, so much as happened. So many creative additions to announce!

Let's get started...

Well, it's February of 2023. Much has happened since last we spoke in - 2019 was it? A pandemic visited and decided to get comfotable; our country has been divided like never before, particularly in areas of race, culture, identity, and politics; my life, like yours, has been upended by all of that plus extensive grief and loss from a personal tragedy in 2020. 

You might now be used to the idea of endings and beginnings as well as that more common phenomenon of living in the middle of a beginning and ending while embodying both. Dizzy yet? Such is the place for me and I don't see that changing soon. 

What has changed is that I am engaging with the world around me in a new and exciting way - more creative interaction, new perspective-taking, and new projects born! It is the end of an era as just a poet or offering things only relatead to poetry. New branches are growing. New projects, new offerings, a new home. 

Let me introduce a new project - Hiraethlon -  with its own website coming soon.  




Hiraethlon: full of a longing homesickness for a home you've never known. And I would add: yet. 

This notion of coming home has always intrigued me. The feeling of nostaliga and longing that comes with missing a home you've never known is a phenomenon I have felt since I was quite young and fell in love everything Irish. 

I will be continuing my journey over on the Hiraethlon website, which will be shared in the coming weeks. Thank you to everyone and anyone whow visited this page these many years. I will continue writing about writing, sharing any publication or workshop news, and sharing my creative offerings - all on the new website. 

Thank you for all your support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment